BANANA FLESH & PEEL-NUTRITION FOR SKIN
Banana is a much lauded fruit for its multiple benefits for your skin, which can do a lot for upping your beauty quotient. Fresh bananas are available year-round. This creamy, rich and sweet fruit is liked by people of all ages. Banana consists mainly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber. It is rich in vitamin C and also contains other vitamins such as vitamin A, and Vitamin B, especially folate. Apart from this, Banana peel is naturally rich in potassium. Both banana flesh & peel are too good for your skin health. Including banana into your diet is a good choice if you you are dealing with any skin related problem.
Benefits for skin
- It is packed with anti-bacterial properties that help in curing acne and blemishes which give your skin an awful look.
- The vitamins and minerals in it can help your dry and dull skin become soft, smooth and fresh by locking the moisture. It stops the moisture from evaporating through your skin and keeps it hydrated.
- Vitamin A in it fades dark spots and scars on your skin. It smoothens out rough skin and prevents the outbreak of acne.
- Vitamin B & potassium in banana prevents aging, reduces dryness, moisturizes the skin by hydrating cells and lightens skin tone.
- The enzymes in banana peel can help get rid of not only acne but dark circles around the eyes as well.
- It’s peel powder help to remove swelling of face and give a natural glow to the skin.
- Vitamin E in it fights free radical damage, supports and strengthens skin’s UV resistance thus saves you from bad effects of sunlight.
- It prevents and reduces the appearance of wrinkles because of antioxidants.
- It can speed up the recovery process of a bruises and soothes the skin after a bug bite or mosquito bite.
Banana flesh mask
Banana flesh and peel being rich in potassium & vitamin C hold benefits for your skin.
- Banana: 1 peeled
- Milk: 1tbsp (without cream)
- Cinnamon: A pinch of it
Take 1 banana and mash it using a fork. Add a tbsp of milk (without cream) because it is already thick. Mix it well. Add a pinch of cinnamon in it for additional benefits. Apply it smoothly all over your face and leave it to dry. Wash it when dried and get shining glowing skin.
Banana peel powder
Banana flesh and peel makes your skin radiant and glowing.
- Banana peel: Of 1 Banana
- Milk or cream: 1 tbsp
Take a banana peel and put it either in the oven or in sunlight depending upon your ease and time. Let it dry. Grind the dried peel and save it in a jar. Keep it away from moisture and heat. To apply it on the skin, use it in combination with milk or cream and apply it as a mask.