ONION-INCREDIBLE HEALTH BENEFITS
Onion is full of flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, fibers and organic acid in it. Onion is rich in the conventional nutrients as well as phytonutrients. It is sulfur compounds containing vegetable. The main flavonoids present in it such as quercetin, isorhamnetin, fisetin as well as kaempferol. It also has various organic acids such as ferulic acid, myristic acid as well as the myristi acid in it. This allium vegetable has various nutritional as well as health benefits. Onion also has biotin in it that is essential to treat type 2 diabetes. A single onion provides 27% of biotin. According to a research chromium and biotin combination regulate blood pressure and lessen the insulin resistance.
- Skin health: Onion has biotin in it that is used to treat brittle nails, improves skin health and avoid hair loss.
- Immunity booster: It helps to combat free radical production due to the presence of various antioxidants in it. The high amount of vitamin in it such as vitamin C act as an immunity booster and enhance the formation of white blood cells. It acts against foreign pathogens that have the ability to cause infection.
- Avoid cancer: Onions has various flavonoids in it that act as potent antioxidants. It is rich in quercetin that helps to reduce cell damage. It prevents free radicals production. Theses free actually responsible for DNA, protein and cell membrane damage, it inhibits all this process and decreases the chance of cancer.
- Antidepressant: It has quercetin in it that helps to relieve stress. It acts as antidepressant by suppressing the release of cortisol.
- Reduce inflammation: It has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces swelling of joints as well as joints pain. So due to this, it is good for arthritis.
- Lessen hypertension: It avoids blood to become thicker or also prevents plaque formation in blood vessels. It enhances the production of good cholesterol such as HDL ( high-density lipids).
- Reduce cardiac disorder: It has sulfur contents in it which is a natural blood thinner. It avoids lumps formation of platelets. It has quercetin in it that reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure etc.
- Digestive Aid: It is full of fibers that make stool bulky. It enhances bowel movement by avoiding cramps and pain. It maintains food metabolism.
- Bone strength: Onion gives strength to bones by enhancing bone density. According to a research, it was proved that onion use during menopause lessens the risk of health disorders.