OKRA- AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS
Okra is well known by lady’s fingers. The scientific name of okra is Abelmoschus esculentus. This vegetable is full of various essential nutrients such as organic compounds, minerals, vitamins and various antioxidants. It has various nutritional as well as health benefits. It is a storehouse of vitamin A, B, C, K, and E as well. This nutrient has calcium, zinc, potassium, iron as well as magnesium in it. It has a high amount of mucilaginous fibers in it. It is used to lessen the cholesterol from the body and also improve various body function such as improve skin health, boost vision, act as an antioxidant to prevent cancer. This also acts as an immunity booster and helps to avoid hypertension and heart disorders. It has various antioxidants in it such as beta-carotene, lutein, and xanthein in it. These antioxidants help to lessen the chance of cancer and loss of vision.
- Digestive health: It is full of mucilaginous fibers that enhance the bowel movement by making the bulky stool. It is effective to remove constipation, diarrhea, flatulence etc.
- Vision Booster: It is full of antioxidants such as xanthein, lutein, and beta-carotene as well as vitamin A in it. These nutrients neutralize the effect of free radicals and give strength to cells that involve in vision. It is effective in macular degeneration and cataract.
- Skin protectant: It has vitamin A in it that act as a skin protectant and boost up the healing process. It alleviates the chances of acne formation or scar formation. This acts as anti-wrinkle agent. It delayed aging by inhibiting free radical production that damage skin cells.
- Immunity booster: It helps to combat free radical production due to the presence of various antioxidants in it. The high amount of vitamin in it such as vitamin C act as the immunity booster and enhance the formation of white blood cells. It acts against foreign pathogens that have the ability to cause infection.
- Alleviate hypertension: It has vitamins and potassium in it that is essential to maintain blood pressure. Potassium is used for fluid balance and also balance sodium level in the body. It helps to lessen cardiac disorder by relaxing the blood vessels and arteries. Such relaxation of arteries causes a decrease in blood pressure. It helps to avoid blood clotting as well as lessen the cardiac strain.